The Lucknow and District Recreation Department is currently accepting applications for the following positions:
Seasonal Arena Operator
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Ensure that the Facility is opened and closed at the scheduled times
- Operate the Ice Resurfacer, perform ice maintenance and record ice plant readings
- Keeping lobby, stands, washrooms, dressing rooms and meeting rooms clean and in good repair
- Perform general cleaning of the Facility including keeping high touched areas clean & disinfected
- Supervise and assist Arena Students
The ideal candidates will possess:
- Secondary School Diploma
- Valid Ontario driver’s licence
- CPR, First Aid, WHMIS and Propane Handling training
- Experience in recreational facility operations and maintenance
Part Time Arena Student: 3 – 4 Positions
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Keeping lobby, stands, washrooms, dressing rooms and meeting rooms clean and tidy
- Perform general cleaning including keeping high touched areas clean & disinfected.
- Securing entrances and providing access to rentals and public where required.
- Move hockey nets during ice surface resurfacing.
- Patrol Public Skating (on ice).
Students must be a minimum of 14 years of age.
Applications for these positions will be received in confidence by the undersigned until
Friday, Sept 11th 2020
Lucknow & District Recreation Department
Box 785, Lucknow, ON N0G 2H0
Attention: Steve Bushell, Facility Manager / Recreation Coordinator
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Personal information is collected in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act and will be used for the purpose of candidate selections.